Health and Saftey - Koppers Preserved Timber
It is the Company’s policy to provide and maintain standards of health and safety across the company which will ensure the health and safety of its employees and others who may be affected by its operations.
This policy will be achieved through the following objectives:
- to provide a healthy and safe working environment.
- to ensure as far as reasonably practicable that the activities carried out on company’s operating sites, do not create risks to the employees or to others.
- to provide and maintain safe plant, equipment and machinery.
- to ensure the safe handling, use, storage and transport of substances.
- to ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- to create procedures and safe systems of work and to ensure that these systems and procedures are understood and followed.
- to maintain proper measures for fire prevention, fire protection, fire fighting and emergency evacuation procedures.
- to provide appropriate medical and first aid facilities to safeguard the health and welfare of employees.
- to obtain the effective cooperation of all employees in achieving these objectives.
- to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.